Monday, February 3, 2014

Craving the Cold

While the rest of the world is dealing with a winter wonderland version of Dante's Inferno, I've been staring at dead leaves, dirt, and a heck of a lot of brown.  Living in New England proved to be hard from the lack of sun during the winter.  Living in Southern California is more difficult because of the lack of change.

Months run together because last month was no different than this month, and next month won't be different from this.  The only change is the intense heat of the summer, and that's unpleasant. Yesterday, there was a 90% chance that we would get a thunderstorm.

90% of a thunderstorm turned into a sprinkle that lasted an hour.  We got some beautiful clouds, but they refused to pour.

I think most writers and readers can agree that there's nothing better than curling up with a good book, cocoa, and a warm blanket in the cold of winter.  Or lighting a fire and reading by the flickering flames.  Maybe I'm a romantic, but I miss it.

Our next house must have a fireplace.  It must also have an elaborate system of bookshelves to house the hundreds of books I've acquired.  A reading nook and writing table would be preferred too. 

Sometimes these little things seem so impossible that it hurts to dream.  But we'll get there, I know we will.

I'll continue to dream, to strive, to hope, because one day it will pay off.  It's my tenacious nature that keeps me going, even on days I don't feel like it.  This pent up energy I have is best used for creativity.  Either I'll start on my new writing project earlier than expected, or I'll do some much needed painting.

Thanks for listening, dear readers.  My next update will house something writing related and will be good news, this I promise you.

No comments:

Post a Comment