Friday, April 27, 2012

X is for Xtraordinary

Last honeymoon update until I get home. Maui has been extraordinary and fantastic to my husband and I. Staying in Waikiki was fun, but we loved getting away from the tourists and heading to Maui.

We leave for Kauai today, and the last island in our trip, but Maui will have a special place in my heart.

I've had this huge life goal of swimming with wild sea turtles. I'm not sure with this extra affection came to be, but it did at some point in my life. I kind of love everything that moves - but sea turtles? They are something else.

This guy almost crashed into us. We were looking down at a small eel in the water, and this huge turtle passes inches from my face. It was beautiful. We had already seen two that day, but none of them had been that close.

It was one of the most extraordinary experiences of our honeymoon - and it's not even over yet!

No comments:

Post a Comment