Friday, April 6, 2012

F is for Fire


Somehow I manage to write in a scene with fire into everything that I’ve written.  Whether it be something like candles, or a fiery sensation running through my character’s body – there is always some kind of fire.

I attribute this to my fire sign.  I’m an Aries, and last month was my birthday month - woo!  I’m stubborn and tend to be really hot-headed.  I’ve leveled myself out over the years and have become more compassionate than I probably should be.  But if angered, I really am a fireball of fury.

The only tattoo that I have is of the Unitarian Universalist symbol – which is a chalice, and yeah, it has a flame on it.  I’m still considering finishing off the tattoo with a fiery anklet that wraps around the chalice and my ankle. 

And to wrap this whole nonsensical post up, for Christmas, I put a fire pit on my wish list.  That’s a weird thing, right?  Well, my mother-in-law still got me one, which is fantastic!  I don’t own a paper shredder, but I tell you, turning things into ash works just as well – and is much more satisfying.  For environmental reasons, I end up recycling most things… but those pesky credit card checks need to disappear... forever.  ^__^

8 comments:

  1. Happy belated Bday! My husband and best friend are both Aries! I'm a Cancer so techinically we are not supposed to get along too well, but I always find myself surrounded by Aries. :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. My best friend growing up was a cancer :) We were so different in our mannerisms, but I felt like we really balanced each other out!

      Delete
  2. Wow, your tattoo sounds awesome. I'm terrified on needles, but if I weren't I'd go for something like that. Great post and happy A-Z blogging.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It was insanely painful - especially because it was right over my bone, but I still adore it and am happy I got it :)

      Delete
  3. How wonderful that your mother-in-law got you a fire pit for Christmas! You can put that fire-love to work so easily now! I'm an earth sign, but still feel a strong connection to fire.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It's been super fun to host occasional campfires and bonfires. We tried to cook over it once, but that didn't go as well as we hoped, heh.

      Delete
  4. fire is amazing and wondrous! and firepits are gathering bonding centers!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I agree! That's why we wanted one! I was surprised to find out that they were actually legal to have in the city!

      Delete